Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vergne to star for Red Bull at young driver test


Red Bull have revealed on Tuesday that Jean-Eric Vergne is to take charge of their championship-winning RB7 at the forthcoming Abu Dhabi young driver test. Vergne recently sampled Jaime Alguersuari's Toro Rosso STR06 during the opening Friday practice session in Korea.

"I'm really looking forward to driving the RB7 in Abu Dhabi," said the Frenchman. "I know the track already and have had some track time in a Formula One car this year, which will help.

"I'm extremely happy that Red Bull Racing has given me this opportunity, it will be a massive experience for me and to be driving the best Formula One car is something quite amazing. I will make the best out of the three days, it will be an important three days and I'm looking forward to it."

The 21 year-old, who has been a member of Red Bull's young driver programme since 2007, finished this year's Formula Renault 3.5 series as runner up. In 2010 he won the British Formula Three championship after taking 13 wins and 20 pole positions and in 2009 finished runner-up in the European Formula Renault 2.0 series.

The Abu Dhabi young driver test takes place on November 15-17 in the week following the 2011 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment