Monday, June 6, 2011

Perez says: I want to race in Montreal

Less than a week after the qualifying crash that ruled him out of racing in Monaco, Sauber's Sergio Perez is feeling fit enough to compete at next weekend's Canadian round. However, if Perez is to race in Montreal he will have to undergo - and pass - an FIA medical test which will ascertain if he is ready to return to the cockpit.

"I feel very good and fit," he said. "Of course I want to race in Montreal, but I also know the final decision is up to the FIA doctors. I have never been to Montreal and know the circuit only from watching TV. Originally it was planned I would go to the Ferrari simulator at Maranello, but this had to be cancelled after my accident.

"Anyway, it is not the first unknown circuit for me and I have never had difficulties adapting. I found it very hard to be just a TV spectator for the race in Monaco, and can't wait to get into the car again."

The Mexican spent two nights in hospital, suffering from concussion and a bruised thigh, after crashing during the latter stages of Monte Carlo qualifying. He was released from the Hospital Princesse Grace on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment